Sample Interview Questions for Agents
Hi, I’m __________________________. My job here at XXXXX is to introduce real estate professionals such as yourself to what we have to offer at XXXXX.
This meeting today is all about you. We are not the right company for everyone. We are only looking for agents who can benefit from what we have to offer so, it’s important that I thoroughly understand your needs. Would it be alright for me to take some notes as we go through this so that I can make sure that all of your questions are addressed by the person best qualified to answer them?
Today is the start of a process that we will follow to make sure you make a decision that’s right for you.
- Would you share with me, what was it that you were hoping to accomplish with today’s meeting?
- How long have you been in the business?
- What did you do before real estate?
- How many transactions have you done in the last 12 months?
- How does this year compare to last year so far?
- Are you primarily a buyers’ agent or a listing agent? Which side of the business do you prefer?
- What is your average price range? What is your average commission?
- Where did those transactions com from? (prospecting, referrals, farming etc.)
- How many of your transactions in the last 12 months came from your current brokerage?
If a listing agent who is a “farmer”
- How do you farm? What materials do you use? How often: How much do you spend on farming materials?
- How many homes have been listed in your farm in the last 12 months?
- How many of those did you have a chance to talk to the seller and do a listing presentation?
- What is your success rate in securing listings? If you get in front of 10 sellers how many of those opportunities turn into listings?
- What is your income goal for this year?
- Why is the goal important to you?
- How do you see yourself accomplishing that goal?
- What challenges are you facing right now in your business?
- How are these challenges affecting your business?
- What solutions do you see for these challenges?
- What changes do you plan on making to your business?
- How can your current company help you to implement these changes?
- Have you talked to your manager about your challenges?
- What solutions did he propose?
- How will you feel if these challenges are not addressed?
- What are you looking for in your next company?
- What other companies are you considering?
- What is your timeframe for making a move?
- What are some of the obstacles/challenges you see with regard to making a move to another company?
- Would you mind if I share some of the tools and systems we have in place at XXXXX to assure that you will reach your income goals?
If what I have to share with you is of interest. Let me reassure you that we have a phenomenal transitional program for agents. We will launch a high powered muti-media PR campaign designed to help you hit the ground running when you join us. In fact, agents that we transition into our company actually gain momentum with the move but first, let’s see if we are right for you and you are right for XXXXX.